Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency Program
Medical Library & Research
- Health Sciences Library
- Medical Databases and Web References
The Health Sciences Library consistently strives to provide information services of the highest quality to Iowa Methodist, Iowa Lutheran, Methodist West and Blank Children's Hospital. Information provided by the library supports patient care; management decision-making; research; and the education of residents, medical staff members, employees and students.
Hours: Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Online computer searching - We can search MEDLINE, CINAHL, and other related databases or help you do your own searching. Requests can be submitted by phone, email or fax. Often it is best if you can speak with a librarian and discuss your question. Use the Ask a librarian form to request assistance.
- Quick reference/factual information - Answers to specific questions are provided by the librarians using the library's reference and/or book collection.
- Citation verification assistance - We can help you figure out those pesky citations and proof your references.
- Interlibrary loan -The library can obtain books and journal articles for you that are not in the library collection. While most services are free, there is a $5 fee for all books ordered and a $10 fee for items obtained from libraries that charge the library. Please see the Journal/Article/Book Request Form for additional information about requesting an article/book.
- Web searching assistance - Lots of good and bad information can be found on the Internet. We can help you choose reliable web sites, refine your searches and evaluate your findings.
- Photocopying - There is no charge for photocopying. We do ask that you copy only library materials and be considerate of other library users.
- Book checkout- Books may be checked out for three weeks. Journals are limited to use in the library. If you have a special need, check with the librarians. See a list of our current journal subscriptions.
Research at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines fosters translational and clinical research into the causes, prevention and treatment of disease and the maintenance of health.
The Office of Research has two distinct functions:
- Assist investigators with all aspects of developing and executing research.
- Assure the responsible conduct of research at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines.